Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Law of Distraction.

The Psychiatric PA visited me today. She's supposed to increase my Wellbutrin, which is an anti-depressant that works well for me. I hope that actually happens because I have had a heck of a struggle fighting depression off. I get hopeful and feel good about the future then something like not being able to get physical therapy because my legs are frozen into a convoluted mess comes along. And I become devestated again.

She pointed me toward a documentary named "The Secret." I found it on Netflix and watched most of it. I thought about what I want in my life. Of course, I want to walk again, but since part of my spine has been removed, that's unlikely

So my greatest goals are:

INDEPENDENCE

1.  I want an automatic wheelchair that I can ride in and control.
2. I want to get orthopedic surgery to straighten out my legs so I can sit in a wheelchair.
3. I want for all my wounds to heal so I can have have the orthopedic surgery.
4. Once I accomplish these, I want to become strong enough to transfer myself from bed and whatever else I may need to, like a shower chair and my wheechair.
5. I want to live in an assisted living apartment with a small kitchenette where I can have some privacy, like in the Sterling House in Midwest City.
6. I want to adopt a cuddly, older cat to snuggle with.

I know there will be many obstacles and hoops to jump through, over, and around, but I believe I can accomplish these goals.

"The Secret" is all about the law of attraction. Put simply, the premise is that whatever you're thinking about, good or bad, the universe will provide it to you. I don't recall ever, at any time, thinking about being a paraplegic, so I'll need to explore this further.

This is a lot to take in, and, so far, it seems a bit simplistic, but I've heard it mentioned in many genres of spiritual and philosophical treatises, so maybe there's something to it. At least, it's worth looking into.

So here I will go -- the great explorer, traveling through the universe with my heart and soul.

May each of you carry sunshine and affection in your hearts forever.


2 comments:

  1. The Secret always felt a little too oversimplified. It takes chance out of the equation and chance is absolutely a variable.

    I was positive, as if it were a law of the universe, that I would die without having a mate. By chance and chance alone, I met Robin and got married. According to the Secret, I should have been alone all my life. Something's not right, here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike... it is simplified but it boils down to belief. Belief that good thats can happen in your life. Or if you keep sending signals to people (the world even maybe) that what ever those signals are have a higher chance of happening. There is some valuable
    stuff in there if you don't take it as an absolute.

    ReplyDelete