Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happy Ruts to Be in

It is so nice to be at "home" again from the hospital. I've never actually hated being at this nursing home, but have been extremely disgruntled with the idea that I will contine to be imprisoned in this situation for the rest of my life without any chance of developing any kind of independence.

One thing I believe would help me would be to edit and format the book I wrote about my life since I became a paraplegic. I don't know why I've been so reluctant to begin the process. Fear and inertia, I suppose.

Must seek out a decent publishing app and begin. Since I have to do it all on an iPad, it's a little more challenging.

I find it somewhat strange to be feeling so perky after thinking I might die. I'm prepared to happliy toss all my crayons into the air and skip down the tunnel toward going to spirit. But I'm equally prepared to stay in this life to see how much more I can accomplish before it's time to go. I'm beginning to get a glimmer of an idea of what I need to do while I'm still here and it's amazing.

This seems, to me, to be embarking reluctantly on a grand adventure. An epic journey. Being dragged, kicking and screaming into becoming some kind of hero. Well, maybe not a hero, per se. You know what I mean.

Too late tonight, though. Will keep you apprised of my progress.

Pursue your dreams, my dear friends. Time goes by so much faster than we realize. Who knows how much beauty you could unlock and release into the world? Don't wait until it's nearly too late, like I have.

Dream of your fondest wishes, peeps, then make them come true. 


Re: Dexter. Never watched it before. Will be catching up, then be sad when it's over. I can't wait! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment