Thursday, February 6, 2014

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig

I'm back at the nursing home from the hospital. Ah, familiarity!

Am soooo tired. I fell asleep and the nurse couldn't wake me up for a few hours after I got back. I was zonked.

As for my diagnosis, i was suffering fron Atrial Fibrillation, which is when the upper two chambers of a heart goof off, stop squeezing blood into the lower two chambers and start twitching randomly like an insane ballroom dancer. Meanwhile, the lower two chambers, who don't have a clue that the upper two chambers have gone batshit-crazy, try to do their job, but can't. So that evidently leads to a lot of chest pain. If not attended to, this situation can subsequently lead to a stroke or a heart attack, neither of which are acceptable to me.

This has never happened to me before. Never felt pain in my chest like that, ever. So I wasn't sure what was going to happen. As it turned out, the condition can be controlled with medication. But I was finding death to be a possible outcome. Pretty heavy-duty stuff to think about.

I found out that I have no fear of dying. In fact, the thought kind of cheered me up. I do have feelings of sadness at the thought of leaving my loved ones behind. So I'm OK with staying around longer, too.  Either outcome, I realized, is OK with me. I can't really lose. I can only benefit, either way.

But I do have a renewed sense of urgency to get things in place, like getting pre-registered to donate my body to medical research. No more procrastinating on that.

However, right now, I'm going to relax and try to catch up on my sleep. So goodnight, you wonderful people.  Have happy dreams that flow into your tomorrows.






No comments:

Post a Comment