Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Looking for the Mouse Hole

My mind has been roaming frantically around in my skull, looking for answers and finding nothing. I'm as stymied as I was before. This puzzle seems to have a lot fewer pieces than it should.  It doesn't help that I've only had about an hour's sleep since around 6 pm yesterday. I am, of course, not thinking straight.

That's why this is going to be a short entry.

This morning one of the aides told me that two women in this nursing home tried to commit suicide by starving themselves to death. One didn't succeed. The other did. My heart almost broke, thinking of the anguish they must have felt in order to be that determined to die. So I did a little investigating. People in nursing homes aren't dropping like flies, but, nationwide, there are a fair number of old folks abandoning their lives. And men do it a lot more than women. Guys usually involve guns in their attempts, so they succeed more often.

I'm not sad for their passing, but I am sad -- and angry -- that the older generations are treated so poorly and are not encouraged to take an interest in their surroundings and each other. Of course, I'm one to talk. I spend days upon days lying in my bed at the end of the hall, with a curtain pulled between the door and me. Nobody even knows I'm here.

Well, I don't know what can be done about it, especially when Nursing Home conglomerates keep politicians firmly in their pockets. Pffft.

I can't even solve my own problems. I'm still dragging my poor brain around in circles and always end up at the same place -- nowhere. Maybe some sleep would help.

Sweet dreams, my precious ones. Have a life of joy and wishes that come true.❤


No comments:

Post a Comment