Monday, March 31, 2014

The Little Things in Life

I've been puzzling for months about what my mission or purpose in life is and could never figure out what it could possily be. I came up empty every time. But, after watching a video about how to find out, it was like a flashbulb went off, like a black and white photo miraculously turned into brilliant colors in my brain.

All this time I've been thinking that my purpose must be some grandiose gesture that would save the world or something. But suppose it's a simple thing, not a mile-high chore that is difficult and complicated.

For example, for various reasons, I became awfully shy and dependent on others to make me like myself. It was futile, of course. The sad fact is, I must like myself just the way I am in order to gain confidence in myself. Nobody else can do that for me. Maybe my purpose in this life is to gain that self-confidence and stop being so dependent on others for pats on my back.

I've realized that I abhor hurting other people so my well-earned ability to be patient and tolerant is coming in handy, as long as I don't let people walk all over me. If I'm self-confident, i will be able to greet criticsm with humor and will be far more able to evaluate what the criticism is. I might find something useful that way.

I haven't learned how to boost my confidence without depending on others. It's going to be a tough habit to break, but I usually manage to accomplish things I really want to do. For example, when I was 14 or 15, I managed to change my horrible handwriting into something quite legible. It took months, but I did it. Through the years I've gotten several compliments on how neat and pretty it is. If I could do that, surely I can manage this.

So I'm off to the internet to look for how-to books, articles, and videos. I musn't skip the spiritual ideas. They could be much more instructive than the more pedestrian ideas.I feel that the answer for this will turn out to be deep inside me. I'm already beginning to feel the unconditional love that exists as a gift inside me. I will have to learn how to access that. It's all part of my journey.

Thank you for stumbling  along with me on my road. May your journeys through life be full of light and love. ❤


Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment