Sunday, September 15, 2013

Down the River

It's Sunday. The highlight of my day is getting a bedbath and shampoo. Since I missed my bath and shampoo on Thursday, that means my hair hasn't been washed for a week so I'm pretty excited about getting clean again.

Other than that, I slept until 5 p.m. Very restful. Used up a lot of otherwise empty time. 

I spent most of the early morning reading up on children in heaven. A lot of it made sense. I don't believe everything I read, of course, especially if it isn't logical and/or doesn't jibe with what I've observed in life. I know. I know. When I'm dealing with spiritual matters, there is a lot that doesn't meet those criteria. So I try to keep an open mind.

One thing the author said that made sense to me was that children who die at a young age are almost always old souls. I felt that with Lyra. I could see it in her eyes. Old souls like hers don't need to be here long to accomplish their purpose. The psychic whom I consulted said that saving my life was Lyra's purpose in this life. Maybe so, but there was so much more. I believe that part of her purpose was to spread love and teach others how to express it. Joy, as well. And courage.

I've come to believe she was soulmates with many people, especially her birth-mother, who showed great courage by giving birth to Lyra and tremendouse love, compassion, and wisdom by allowing us to adopt Lyra. Lyra was the best, most beautiful gift I've ever received. Even though she wasn't with us very long, she packed a lot of happiness and even wisdom into those few years. I know she taught me many lessons that benefited my soul's journey and I suspect many other people learned the lessons, as well.

I still don't understand exactly what my purpose is in this life. I feel like I'm floating on a leaf down a gentle river, just following along, going wherever it takes me. And that seems right, somehow. I'm still going to have to take charge sometimes if I want to get out of this bed and get at least as far as the dining room here, and if I want to get physical therapy. But that's the outer part of me. The inner part is comfortable with floating and that's good, because I know I'm heading in the right direction. It doesn't matter where I end up. It will be the right place.

Namaste. Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment