Monday, September 23, 2013

Good News, Bad News, No News at All

Good news: i was measured for my special wheelchair today and they promised one would be brought from a sister facility in Kansas.

Bad news: They couldn't tell me when it'll be here, so I'll believe it when I see it.

More bad news: I didn't get enough sleep again.

Good news: I've lost track of how long this sleep deprivation has been going on so practically any kind of whimsy could overtake me at any time.

More good news: I was able to have my window open today and got some fresh air.

Even MORE good news: No mosquitos found their way in. I found one mosquito in my room a week ago. It was perched on my left arm, ready to drill for blood. I reflexively smacked it hard, then smacked it hard again, then picked it up between my fingers and rubbed them back and forth, pulverizing it. Then I threw what was left on the floor. NOW who's bloodthirsty, mosquito? Hmmm?

No news: typical day. Nothing unusual. Lay around, played with iPad, checked to see which apps were still downloading, checked bank balance, wished I hadn't. Stuff like that.

Oh, one more good thing -- ate some dark chocolate. Yum.

(I'm not fogetting the fun we had during your visit, Jeff. I never do. I just don't talk about it here. Thank you for all the laughter.)

Eyes closing now. But I won't sleep right away. First, I think I'll finish watching a documentary about the non-group "Anonymous." Interesting philosophy, a lot self-congratulating, just the kind of thing to watch if you want to snooze. No offense if you're a non-member of it. I'm just awfully tired.

I hope you all had an all-around happy day. I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment