Monday, September 30, 2013

Where oh Where...

I'm listening to the government shut-down discussions. What a mess. Twenty years from now I doubt i'll be around to see what the fallout is.

Meanwhile, i have to wonder. Aside from the fact that I have little to no influence over political events, other than voting now and then, which I will definitely do, where is the advantage to worrying myself over it?

I've gotten into several political discussions with friends of opposite persuasion from mine. It would have been more productive for us to repeatedly slam our foreheads together until we both passed out.

Where should I place my goals? Not in politics, that's for sure. That's just an exercise in futility. I  keep up with most of it, but mostly as an observer. There seems to be a lot of insanity in American politics these days, and I don't want to get embroiled in it

I have a lot to learn about being a spirit in a human form. This human form doesn't do a lot, but my brain still works. So I'll concentrate on using that. There's no road to follow, no signposts, no maps. I'm pretty much lost since the road I was on was blocked by a seemingly impassable boulder.

Maybe that was a sign that I should seek out a new road. I might just find what I'm looking for. I want independence. Maybe I will find acceptance, instead. I want to live somewhere that I can rescue a cat. Maybe that place will find me. I want to expand my soul. Maybe being limited, physically, will aid me in doing that.

There's no sitting back waiting for these things to magically appear, though. I will have to be alert, both mentally and spiritually. And I will have to work hard.

Right now, this as far as I've gotten. I'm still confused and lost, not knowing which way to go. That's OK. I'll just float here at my crossroads  awhile, let my intuition fly free, and release my thoughts like dandelion seeds into the wind.

Meanwhile, this looks like a good place to rest and reflect.






No comments:

Post a Comment