Sunday, September 22, 2013

What Day is Today, Anyway?

I know I was still awake at 7 this morning. I know I ate breakfast an hour later, and that I was still awake for lunch around noon. I don't know what time my eyes finally drifted shut, and I'm not really sure what time it was when the wound care nurse woke me up for my treatment, but the sun was going down. I think today is Sunday, but I'm a bit confused about that.

You know, naps are not all they're cracked up to be. If I could read military clocks without having to count on my fingers to figure out what time it REALLY is, I'd get one, because I have no set sleeping schedule. One time I called my son at 2 in the morning because I thought it was afternoon. He called back after he woke up and asked what had happened because he thought something bad must have happened for me to call that early. I cringe just thinking about it.

So now I look out the window to see if it's day or night. Sometimes I wonder if these things happen because I'm getting old, or because it's an inevitable result of being an inmate in a nursing home. You know, senility by osmosis.

This really is Sunday. I got a bath and shampoo so I'm squeaky clean. That's it. The big excitement for the day. Last night,though, early in the morning, I attempted to update an app. Instead, I accidently pushed the "update all apps" button.

 Facepalm. 

So nearly all of my 6 screens of apps started updating at once, which was about 97 of them. And I could NOT find away to stop it. So my iPad was practically useless to me. Youtube was just about the only app that would open. I was so agitated by my idiotic move that I could't concentrate. I wanted to run, screaming, down the halls, but I couldn't, of course. So I wanted a strong sedative, instead. None available. Unfortunately, drug dealers do not make friendly visits to nursing homes, or I would have been tempted to procure some weed, if it was legal, and if I had some rolling papers and matches, and if smoking was allowed in our rooms. But nope, nope, nope, and nope. I just had to endure. Would you believe that some apps are still loading? Jiminy Cricket.

That is not the kind of excitement I want, if you could call it that.

Judging from how my eyes are drooping, whatever few hours of sleep I managed to get today was not enough. I'm going to cut this short and see if I have any success at getting more sleep. This has become a real problem for me. I just hope that when I wake up again, it will be at a reasonable time and that I know what day it is. 

So sleep well, dear friends. I'm outta here, metaphorically speaking.



No comments:

Post a Comment