Thursday, September 12, 2013

In the Vampire Land of Nod

I'm almost asleep. I haven't slept since 3 yesterday afternoon. My days and nights are completely turned around so I tend to stay up all night,then sleep most of the day. I sleep through medicine-taking time, through breakfast and lunch, and once in awhile through dinner, too. 

So I'm forcing myself to stay awake in an effort to stop living like a vampire. Easier said than done. I am a nightowl whose natural sleep rhythm is to stay up all night. My doctor gave me a sleeping pill, but it doesn't work so I usually just fall asleep at about 5 a.m. Then I get into trouble because I'm too deeply asleep during the day to comply with the patient-type stuff the nurses want me to do instead of being asleep.

Yawn. I don't think I'm going to last much longer. But, darnit, I still have to have a bath and shampoo before I can settle down for the night and that won't happen for hours.

Other than that, nothing much has happened. I did reconnect with an old friend, which made me happy. It had been a long time since we talked so we chatted for hours, catching up. That was fun. I'm so glad she found time to visit.

Another thing that (didn't) happen was that my therapist didn't come today. But he'd told me he needed to rearrange his schedule and might come on Friday, instead, so no big deal.

I'm giving up and closing my weary, bleary eyes for the meanwhile. I might even manage to sleep through my bath. Who knows? It's happened before.

So good night. Sweet dreams. And may you wake up tomorrow with a song (hopefully NOT the Mighty Mouse cartoon theme song which once roared through my brain like a run-away freight train in a time-loop) in your heart. (Diagram THAT sentence. Go on. I dare you. 😀)

'Night, y'all.




No comments:

Post a Comment