Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Worst Bad Timing Ever

Well, my chair arrived yesterday. I haven't seen it, because the they didn't bring it in my room to show me. They took it into the Phyical Therapy room to keep it safe. Then, they brought it back down this morning and left it in the hall while they crowded into my room, all smiles. "Ready to get up?" They asked.

I couldn't answer because my voice was gone. Also, my entire body was in pain, and I was running a fever. I felt too weak to move. So, after waiting all this time, I couldn't get up.

Now it's hours and hours later. I feel a little better, my voice is about a quarter of its normal volume, and I have just enough energy to write this entry. Throat still hurts, and my cough is breaking up, but is still very present. 

Bleh. Several other people here who got the flu shot also have the same symptoms. I can hear them coughing away across the hall. 

I'm so disgusted.

I figure I'll feel well enough to get up by Thursday morning. At least, I hope so. Meanwhile, I plan to sleep as much as possible, in anticipation of that speeding up my recovery.

Have I mentioned that, sometimes, life sucks? Never mind. I'm never in a good mood when I'm sick, especially when it keeps me from doing something I really want to do. 

I did learn about the Gospel of Judas on a Youtube video. Interesting stuff. I watched it three times, because I kept falling asleep, and never did see all of it. I'll watch it again tonight because, evidently, it's an excellent soporific.

Stay well, my peeps. Here's a pretty picture for you to enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment