Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude

Awhile back I posted three to five things I was grateful for in a gratitude journal every day. I was amazed at what a difference it made in my perspective on life. Don't know why I stopped. I hit a brick wall, I guess, and lost my way.

Seems to me that making a daily list here would help keep my blog from spiraling into the depths of despair. So I am going to add this habit to the beginning of my blog and see what comes from it.

I am grateful for:

Letting go of my lifelong habit of always keeping my emotions in control, challenging as it is to forge forward without an effective defense mechanism.

The result of letting go of being under strict self-control means that I am more capable of being more spontaneous. And I'm finding that to be a lot of fun.

My children, Josi and Mike. I'm proud of both of them. I'm grateful that we have a loving relationship, even though we live far apart.

My capability of patience and tolerance. They grew out of my now-defunct defense mechanism, but apparently didn't need to be sacrificed along with it. I'm grateful for that. They make my life much more tolerable.

I think that's all I'll do for tonight. There are other things that are chaotically whirling around in my mind but I'm  too confused about them to say anything sensible.

May your lives be full of grace and may you have multitudes of things to be grateful for.  Love, joy and peace to all.


Lyra, about 18 months. A fantastic reason for me to be grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment