Friday, April 4, 2014

Living in a Labyrinth

Lots of dead ends down here where I live. I enjoy doing labyrinths on paper, because I start at the end and work my way to the beginning. It's amazing how much easier that is. OK, it's cheating, but I enjoy cheating at games. Most of the fun of playing games, for me, is figuring out how to beat the system. That's much more challenging than just playing it straight.

Too bad I can't do that in real life. I suppose I could have run cons on people. I'm smart and I'm a very convincing liar, the few times I have actually manipulated a situation by being untruthful. Usually, I just did it when I wanted to leave work. I was so good at that, I wouldn't even have to lie. My supervisor would take one look at me and insist I go home and take a sick day. As a rule, though, I rarely did it for any other reason, and certainly not to my friends and family. I'm much too empathetic. My concience would have tortured me .Maybe I should have chosen a career as an actress. Oh, well. Too late now.

I seem to be in a dormant stage, as far as making progress goes. My mind has pretty much gone on vacation in a far away place. Guess it needs to kick back and rest awhile. Makes sense. I've hit so many dead-ends in the labyrinth I've been trying to maneuver for the last four years, I've run out of steam. I need to take a break. Obviously I can't take a break from being a paraplegic, though I've accepted the reality of my handicap. But I don't accept that being helpless and dependent has to continue to be my reality. There's still a chance that things can improve and I will not acquiece to accepting that as my reality until there simply is no hope of improvement.

But, while I wait to get evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon to see if one will accept the challenge and risk of performing the surgery I need, I guess I'll take a break from all the anxiety and fear that I'll be stuck this way forever. If they turn me down, then I guess I'll have to cross that bridge, even though I don't really want to.

I'm sleepy. Not enough sleep again. I've lost count of all the typos I've corrected and doubt seriously if I caught them all, so try to ignore those.

Sweet, restful sleep, peeps. May all your days be filled with happiness and contentment.




No comments:

Post a Comment