Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Naughty Girl

Sometimes I can't help myself. There is a streak of mischief in me that I commonly supress, but sometimes, especially when I feel rebellious, it just jumps out unexpectedly and, even while I'm being mischievous, I am astonished at myself. Neverthless, it pleases me. I become quite cheerful afterward.

Today I wasn't really all that bad. A very nice man, who contacted me after I joined the National Association for Spinal Injuries ( or something like that) visited me today. He's is going to advocate for me to see if he can get a doctor friend of his to take on my orthopedic surgery. I don't know what else he does. We'll see.

My naughtiness popped up when we started talking about Christianity. He is evidently a devoted Christian. I told him that I was not. I told him that I believe there is something greater than we are and that I love Jesus of Nazareth, but I cannot and will never believe that accepting Jesus as one's savior is the only way to reach heaven; that there are many, many pathways to reach Heaven. I told him that I believe God is pure love and wouldn't turn souls away because of what religion they believe in.

Then he said that the Bible says it's true. And I said that the Bible isn't always right

I should have shut up at the start of the conversation, but my inner imp was on a roll. Unfortunately, I never had a chance to tell him that my beliefs are just for myself,  squeezed out of events and experiences in my life and whatever he believed was all right with me. I wasn't saying he was wrong or that I was right. All I said was just me, as a traveller wandering through life, looking for my own pathway.

So, keep in mind, if my imp suddenly makes an appearance, don't take it too seriously. It'll quickly disappear again and I'll return to being morose and a deep-thinker again.

Sorry about missing my blog yesterday. I'm not awfully sure anybody's reading it, except for two or three friends. It's good to have an audience but, as any of you who are writers,know, it's a solitary endeavor and if you're writing to get accolades, you're probably going to be disappointed.

Anyway, yesterday I got involved in watching Doctor Who episodes starring David Tennant (yum!) and lost track of time. No excuse. I was just mesmerized. :-)

Have a happy day of distractions, peeps. Every now and then your brain needs a rest. ❤


Drool!

No comments:

Post a Comment