Sunday, April 13, 2014

Rock-a-Billy Bedtime

A couple of aides came in earlier to do my peri-care and change the sheets on my bed. One of them had something attached to her uniform that was playing rock and rap music, but very quietly. 

I said, "Wanna see me dance?"

The other aide said, "You can dance?" She didn't believe me.

I said, "Hell yeah! I can ROCK  this bed!" And I started to dance.

The first aide turned up the music. Then both aides started to dance, too. We were having a Dance Partay!

It was lots of fun. It didn't last long, but it didn't need to. We were all grinning like a bunch of Cheshire cats. It really cheered up all three of us.

So I guess the answer when I have the doldrums is to turn on "Boom Boom Pow!" and give in to the beat.

I will never be a professional dancer, but I can move my arms, shoulders and head in inventive ways. And I can grin.

Come on , fellow travelers. Try dancing while you're sitting down. You'll be surprised at what you can do from there. And it's a lot of fun to do.

Have a groovy time. Dancing is outta sight. Do that as much as you can. If it's against your religion, surely sitting down and waving your arms in the air is OK. I hope so.

Love and peace and so much joy that you can't resist grinning like a Cheshire cat. ❤




No comments:

Post a Comment