Sunday, April 6, 2014

Kickin' Back

No deep thoughts to share. Norhing much happening. Not worrying about stuff. Also not eating breakfast or lunch. I generally sleep through them. Still, my fasting blood sugar is over 200 and jumps to high 300s hours after I do eat.  Now and then it spikes up into the extremely high 400s and low 500s. I keep telling them something's wrong with my body. Maybe, if I ever get to see one, an endocrinologist can figure it out.

I don't feel any worse at 500 than I do at 100, so I'm not awfully concerned, but I really don't want to have a debilitating stroke and end up worse off than I am now. So I do have a vested interest in getting my blood sugar under control. I have no idea how to accomplish that, so I'm hoping they'll set up the appointment with the endocronologist soon.

Other than that concern, I've spent a lot of time watching mysteries on Netflix and a bunch of documentaries on Youtube and catching up with my favorite tv shows on Hulu+. It's very relaxing. Just what I needed. :-)

So, no pity party today, folks. Just gliding along and not fretting about things I have no control over, which is almost everything. Cynicism is my companion during this break. It helps me keep from giving into mental hysteria.

Besides, my very best friend in the world is coming to visit me this month. I'm really looking forward to that because we haven't seen each other in two years. Also, she is a phenomenal cook and she's already cooking up treats like pork stew and caponata, which is an Italian vegetable dish that is best when it's cold. And it's practically my most favorite dish.

Also, my firstborn is coming for a visit toward the end of May. I've missed her, and my son, dreadfully. I really wish they didn't live so far from me, but I understand they are adults with lives of their own. Besides, there's really nothing in Oklahoma for them except me. I brought them up to be independent and guess I did a good job of it.

For a change, I feel sleepy at a reasonable time of night. Yesterday, well really today, I didn't fall asleep until 6 am. So it's time now to crash.

May you all live your lives in peace and contentment. Don't worry. Be happy. And shine with all your might. :-) ❤




No comments:

Post a Comment